A basic tutorial on how to crop image in LibreOffice Impress.
While creating presentations you might be using different images, and clip art from the internet to represent your presentation content. When inserting images into your Impress slide, it might need to be resized/cropped. This is how you can crop a simple image in LibreOffice Impress.
- Open LibreOffice Impress and an empty slide.
- From the menu click Insert > Image and select an image.
- Right-click on the image and click Crop.
- Once you do that, you will see red outlines over the image. Hover your mouse and drag to select the cropped rectangle.
- Once the crop size is okay for you, press ENTER.
- After you press ENTER, you will see the image cropped to the selected regions.
Now, if you want to remove the crop and return to the original image, you must keep pressing CTRL+Z, i.e. Undo.
This is the most basic way to crop an image in LibreOffice Impress.