This beginner’s tutorial will explain how to perform autosum in the Calc program in LibreOffice, and OpenOffice.
When working with large spreadsheets containing a considerable number of rows or columns with data, it is often needed autosum with a quick click of a menu or button instead of manually typing the SUM function. LibreOffice, OpenOffice spreadsheet program Calc have this feature and here’s how you can do it.
Autosum in Calc
1. Open any Calc workbook with numbers and data, or open your workbook.
2. Select the cell where you would like to put the autosum of your data.
3. Click on the sigma icon beside the formula bar and click Sum from the dropdown menu.
4. You can see the Sum is calculated automatically.
- If you select multiple columns with numbers, autosum detects all the data and gives you a quick sum.
- If your data have text column labels, autosum ignores the same and gives you the correct autosum.
Watch the video and subscribe.