This tutorial explains the steps to centre text in the LibreOffice Writer table horizontally.
Firstly, say we have the following sample table. If you look at this table, you can see the texts are not aligned properly. It’s not aligned vertically or horizontally.
So, we want to align all text texts, vertically and horizontally nicely. Moreover, we will also make the rows and columns optimal and uniform size to look nice.
Table of Contents
Center Text in LibreOffice Writer Table
Here’s how to centre text in Write Table.
- Firstly, Select the table. You can do it by pointing the cursor to the left top (see below) or drag-select the entire table.
- Second, right-click on the table and choose properties.
- Then go to the Text Flow tab. And Choose Alignment > Vertical Alignment: Center. Choose OK.
- You should see that all the texts in the table are vertically centred.
But still, the texts in the Writer table are not centered horizontally. So, how to do that? 🤔
It’s pretty simple.
- Select the table again as you did earlier.
- Then press CTRL+E. Or, from the Table tab, choose Align Center.
- And you will see the text is not center(ed) in the Writer table.
You can select the table if you want to customize the Writer table further to look more uniform. Then right-click and choose Properties. Finally, select Size > Optimal Row Height and Optimal Column Width.
Once you do that, you can see the final result below—a lovely and uniform-looking table.
Watch Video to Center Text in Writer Table
I have created a video to demonstrate the above steps below. Have a look!
I hope this guide helps you to format your Writer table quickly. If it helps, make sure to comment below. Also, do let me know if you are facing trouble.