This Writer advanced tutorial explains how to change margins in Writer – LibeOffice, OpenOffice.
Margins are very easy to change in LibreOffice Writer – the document processor. When you are trying to fit a document in some layout/ trying to print in a different page type – you need to change the margins.
This is how you can do it.
Change Margins in Writer
- Open an empty writer document and put some text into it. Or you can open your own Writer document.
- Open from menu –
Format -> Page. On the Page style window, click on the Page tab.
- On the Page tab, select the left – top – right – bottom margins in inches. Then press OK. You would see the custom margins are applied.
- If you are using the latest Notebookbar Tabbed layout, you can find Margin option in Page Layout tab as below which gives you all presets and custom margin options.
- There is another alternate way as well. While the document is open, open the right sidebar using CTRL+F5. Click on the settings gear icon and click Page.
- Under format section, select your desired pre-defined margins to apply in your document.
This is how you can quickly change, add margins in a Writer document.
Looking for something else?
Be an expert on LibreOffice.
Small and quality tutorials. Delivered. Thrice a week.