Beginner’s guide on how to create a simple presentation in LibreOffice Impress.
LibreOffice Impress is a free and open-source presentation program available for Linux, Windows and Mac. It comes with lots of features and compatibility with Microsoft PowerPoint as well. Here is a basic guide for creating a simple presentation using Impress.
Create Your First Presentation
- Step 1: Open LibreOffice Impress.
- Step 2: If the template dialog opens, select a template you would like. Otherwise, click cancel.
- You will be presented with the first slide with a default design – A title and content.
- Step 3: Modify your presentation slide as per your choice using the toolbar options, e.g. Changing font colour, background colour, adding text etc.
- Step 4: From the File menu, click Save As… Choose any file types you want. You can also choose the Microsoft PowerPoint file type *.ppt or *.pptx as well. Save the file.
Present and View Your Impress Presentation
If you want to present the Impress presentation, double click saved file and open it via Impress.
To start the SlideShow, Press F5 Or click SlideShow -> Start from First Slide from the menu.
If you want to start the presentation from any slide, go to the slide in Impress and press SHIFT+F5.
If you are a beginner in LibreOffice Impress, this tutorial may get you started with your first presentation. Drop a comment below if you are facing difficulties with your Impress presentation.