Here’s a beginner’s guide to install LibreOffice office productivity suite on Windows 11.
LibreOffice is a free and open-source office suite that is an excellent alternative to Microsoft Office. It includes a word processor (Writer), a spreadsheet program (Calc), a presentation program (Impress), a drawing program (Draw), a formula editor (Math), and a database management program (Base).
Installing LibreOffice on a Windows computer is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few simple steps. In this article, we will guide you through the process of installing LibreOffice on your Windows computer and provide tips on how to use the different programs included in the suite.
Table of Contents
How to Install LibreOffice on Windows 11
LibreOffice comes in two versions. The “Community” and “Enterprise” versions.
The “community” version is for early adopters who want the latest bleeding-edge software tech.
And the “enterprise” version is more stable and may not include all the latest features, but it is ideal for the production environment and professional work.
- The top link in the below image is the “community” version, and the bottom is for “enterprise”.
- Choose the one you need and download the Windows 64-bit setup.
- After downloading, open the exe file to start the set-up. And you should see a screen like the one below.
- Click Next.
- In the next Setup type screen, you should see two options. The Typical option gives you standard options for installation.
- The custom option lets you select language packs and other options.
- I recommend the Typical option, which works for all use cases.
- On the next page, you can also set LibreOffice for Microsoft Office types such as docx, xlsx, pptx, etc.
- It’s better to create a LibreOffice shortcut on the Windows 11 desktop. It will help you to launch it when you need it.
- Finally, hit Install to start the installation.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- After completion, click on Finish to close the wizard.
- And you can find LibreOffice in the Windows 11 start menu or in the desktop.
Upgrading LibreOffice on Windows
There is no proper upgrade path available to upgrade LibreOffice in Windows. So, when a new version is released, uninstall the version from the control panel (see below).
And then, follow the above steps to download and install it again. LibreOffice preserves your documents, history and other settings. So, re-installing is safe.
In closing, LibreOffice is a powerful and versatile office suite that can help you create and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. I hope the above guide is simple enough for you to follow.
Remember to update your LibreOffice software for the latest features and security fixes.
Have a question? Let me know in the comment box.