A simple tutorial showing how to remove inserted horizontal lines in LibreOffice or OpenOffice Writer document.
Are you get frustrated when horizontal lines are inserted and you face trouble removing them in LibreOffice Writer? These lines can disrupt the flow and appearance of your document. But don’t worry, there are ways to remove them and improve your experience with LibreOffice. This article will guide you through the steps to remove these lines and give you back control over your document’s formatting.
Table of Contents
Causes of Horizontal Lines
There are various ways by which a horizontal line may appear in a LibreOffice or OpenOffice document.
The line might be a border to the paragraph. Or it might be a single side border to the table. Also, it can be a drawing object “line” which has been inserted in the document.
In the following section, will talk about removing all types of them.
Remove inserted horizontal lines in LibreOffice or OpenOffice
Drawing object lines
- First, check whether the lines can be selected by mouse. For example, in Figure 1 below you can see two handles at both the edges of the line. This means that it is a drawing object.
- Simply select the line and hit delete from the Keyboard to remove the line.
Lines present as paragraph border
- There might be cases where you see a line below the text in your document, as in Figure 2. And you can not select it by mouse and can’t remove it using the backspace or delete button on your keyboard.
- This is likely the paragraph border, which is styled as a bottom border for your text.
- Right-click on the text where the line is present. From the context menu, select Paragraph > Paragraph.
- From the Border tab select Present=blank (first option) under line arrangement.
- Press OK. And this line will be removed.
Lines as a table border
- If a table only has a bottom border, you can see a horizontal line, as shown in Figure 3 below. As you can see, it looks exactly identical to the above cases. But it’s a table border.
- To remove, select the table and open the Table properties from the context menu.
- In the Table properties window, select the first preset under Line arrangement, as shown below.
- Press ok. The line (or the border) should be removed.
In conclusion, removing inserted horizontal lines empowers you to maintain the integrity of your documents, ensuring they look just the way you want them to.
I hope this guide helps you.