A beginner’s guide on how to change slide size and properties in LibreOffice Impress.
Slide size is an important property that can be changed in LibreOffice Impress as per your needs. You might want your presentation to be widescreen, square mode, or any specific size.
Most of these days, the slides are in 16:9 format, which is the widescreen one. Not many use the legacy square slide sizes.
Without further adieu, let’s take a look at how you can easily change the slide size in LibreOffice Impress.
Table of Contents
Steps to change the slide size in LibreOffice Impress
- To change the size, select the slide whose properties you want to change. See Figure 1.
- From the menu, select
Slide > Slide Properties. It would open the page setup dialog. Or, you can right-click on the slide and select properties. See Figure 2.
- From the Slide Properties dialog, Slide tab, select
Paper Formatwhich you would like to use. And press ok. See Figure 3.
- Now, you can see your current slide size has changed as per your selection. If you want to change all slide properties, you can follow the same steps in the Master Slide editor. See the next section below.
Also, you can quickly change slide size via the quick access toolbar icon as below.
Changing slide size for all slides in LibreOffice Impress using master slide editor
- A master slide is a special slide in a presentation that acts as a template for all the other slides. It defines your presentation’s overall look and feel, including the background, fonts, colours, and layout. Any changes you make to the master slide will automatically be applied to all the other slides in your presentation.
- To change the page size for all slides in Impress, select any slide. In the right-side properties panel, select “Master View“. See Figure 5.
- On the Master Slide section in the same panel, select Format to change the slide size. Once done, close the Master view. See Figure 6.
- That’s it.
Changing slide size in OpenOffice
- If you still use OpenOffice Impress, you won’t get many options like LibreOffice Impress. However, you can change the slide size in Impress as well.
- Right-click on the main slide window and select Slide > Page setup. See Figure 7.
- In the page set-up window, change the Format as you wish.
- Press OK once done.
This is how you can change slide size in LibreOffice Impress & in OpenOffice as well. If you have any questions, drop a note using the comment box below.